2.5 hours (including rest and baking time)
5 dl Lukewarm water
50 g Yeast
100 g 04 Maskmel Whisky
800 g Wheat flour
50 g Sugar
15 g Salt
75 g Soft butter
500-700g ground beef
Tips for accessories:
Cheese (please put this on the steak while it's hot)
Cucumber salad (1 cucumber, 0.5 dl boiling water, 80 g sugar, 1tsp salt, 2 dl stock vinegar, peppercorns)
Pickled red onion (2 Red onions, 1 dl water, 2 dl stock vinegar, 1 dl sugar)
1. Dissolve the yeast in the water.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar and salt.
3. Then add half of the flour mixture to the water and stir well.
4. Now add the egg to the dough you have made and stir it into the dough.
5. Add the rest of the flour mixture a little at a time while touching.
6. Once the dough has gathered, add the soft butter and let it stir for 8 minutes.
7. Once the butter has been stirred into the dough, let it raise for an hour with a damp tea towel above it.
8. After the dough has risen for an hour, turn the dough onto a floured table and roll the dough into a sausage. Cut it either into fourteen large pieces or 20 small pieces as you roll into buns.
9. Spread your buns on two baking sheets and let them rise 30 minutes under a damp tea towel.
10. When the buns are raised, give them a small tap to give them the size you want.
11. Set them up for withdrawal again for an hour under a damp tea towel. Tip: You can choose to brush your buns with whipped eggs and/or sprinkle with sesame seeds
12. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
13. Bake the buns for 10-14 minutes depending on size.
Fry and serve with mince steaks and top with your favourite filling - eg:
Cut the cucumber finely or grate on the mandolin iron. Dissolve the sugar in the boiling water and then add the vinegar. Season with salt and add peppercorns. Add the cucumber and let it drag for at least 2 hours.
Pickled red onion:
Bring the sugar, water and vinegar to the boil in a saucepan. Add the onion and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Take the onions up with a fork and pour them into a scalded jam jar. Reduce the sheet by excessive heat without a lid for about 5minutes. Pour the sheet over the onions and leave to cool.
The pickled red onions can be stored for a few weeks in the fridge if you don't eat them all.