2.5 hours (including rest and baking time)
5 dl lukewarm water
50 g fresh yeast
100 g Agrain® 04 Whisky Super Grain Flour
800 g wheat flour
50 g sugar
15 g salt
75 g soft butter
500-700 g minced beef
Tips for condiments:
Cheese (please place this on the steak while it's hot)
Cucumber salad (1 cucumber, 0.5 dl boiling water, 80 g sugar, 1 tsp salt, 2 dl vinegar, peppercorns)
Pickled red onion (2 red onions, 1 dl water, 2 dl vinegar, 1 dl sugar)
1. Dissolve the yeast in the water.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar and salt.
3. Now add half of the flour mixture to the water and stir well.
4. Add the egg to the dough and give it a stir.
5. Add the rest of the flour mixture little by little while touching.
6. Once the dough has gathered, add the soft butter and stir for 8 minutes.
7. Once the butter has been stirred into the dough, let it rise for an hour and cover with a damp tea towel.
8. When the dough has risen for an hour, pour the dough onto a flour-sprinkled table and roll the dough into a sausage. Cut it either into fourteen large pieces or 20 small pieces as you roll into buns.
9. Place the buns on two baking sheets and let them rise for 30 minutes under a damp tea towel.
10. When the buns has risen give them a small tap to give them the size you want.
11. Let them rise again for an hour under a damp tea towel. Tip: You can choose to brush your buns with whipped eggs and/or sprinkle with sesame seeds.
12. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
13. Bake the buns for 10-14 minutes depending on size.
Fry and serve with mince steaks and top with your favourite filling - eg:
Cut the cucumber finely or grate on the mandolin iron. Dissolve the sugar in the boiling water and add the vinegar. Season with salt and add peppercorns. Add the cucumber and let it rest for at least 2 hours.
Pickled red onion:
Bring the sugar, water and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan. Add the onion and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the onions with a fork and pour them into a scalded jam jar. Reduce the mixture with high heat without a lid for about 5minutes. Pour the mixture over the onions and leave to cool.
The pickled red onions can be stored for a few weeks in the fridge if you don't eat them all.
NOTE. The nutritional information on the right only covers the burger buns and not the side dishes or meat.